- 2 egg yolks
- 4 to 6 tablespoons mayonnaise (depending on length of hair)
- For every 30 ml of product add 9 drops of peppermint essential oil and 3 drops of rosemary essential oil.
6 scoops of mayonnaise results in about 240 ml of product so use 63 drops of peppermint essential oil and 24 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise then beat the two together until is well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a bottle then add the essential oils.
- Stir to distribute the essential oils evenly
Condition as always. Let the mixture sit under a shower cap for 30 to 45 minutes for full absorption of nutrients. Rinse with warm/cool water otherwise the egg may start to cook and you'll end up with white bits in your hair.
Follow with a co-wash using your regular conditioner to ensure all the product has been rinsed out.
Store in the fridge for up to a week.
This should last two conditioning sessions for medium to long hair. For short hair half the formula as you don’t need as much product and you don’t want to keep the blend for too long.
You might also like: