First posted in June-2012.
In 1998, researchers in Scotland set out to investigate the efficacy of aromatherapy in the treatment of patients with alopecia areata. Their findings are summarized in a paper entitled Randomized trial of aromatherapy. Successful treatment for alopecia areata.
Using a sample of 86 patients split into 2 different groups:
The experiment went on for 7 months. Interestingly 44% of the active group showed improvement: 19 out of 43 patients grew their hair back.
Neno Natural's Hair Growth Stimulator
Here's a proxy you can mix up for yourself:
- Jojoba oil, 30 ml
- Lavender essential oil, 4 drops
- Rosemary essential oil, 4 drops
- Cedarwood essential oil, 4 drops
- Thyme essential oil, 4 drops
- Grapeseed oil, you can mix 15ml grapeseed with 15ml jojoba or use any of these great oils that I have looked into.
- Ylang ylang essential oil (very good for hair too). If you use ylang ylang in addition to the above, add just 3 drops of each.
Store the mixture in a dark glass bottle to prevent degradation.
Alternatively, buy a bottle that's been optimally blended to get the right balance for you in Neno Natural's Haircare Store.
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.