- 60g kukui butter (65%)
- 15g cocoa butter (15%)
Liquid Oils (19%)
- 10g camellia oil (10%)
- 8g blackcurrant seed oil or carrot tissue oil (8%)
- 1g vitamin E oil (1%)
Essential oils (1%)
- 0.5g peppermint (11 drops) (0.5%)
- 0.2g lavender (4 drops) (0.2%)
- 0.2g rosemary (4 drops) (0.2%)
- 0.1g lemon or tea tree (3 drops) (0.1%)
Wax (0%): None
- Set up a bain marie (a.k.a. a double boiler).
- Place the hardest butter or wax into it.
- Whilst the hard butters and waxes are dissolving place the remaining ingredients (soft butters, oils and fragrance or essential oils) into a deep and narrow plastic container, this is the container you’ll use to blend the whole lot.
- When the ingredients in the bain marie are just soft, remove them from the heat, allow them to cool but not to harden then scoop them into the container containing the other ingredients.
- Using a hand-held blender blend the ingredients until you get the desired consistency.
- Scoop the finished product into any container (glass/plastic/aluminium). You can use a spoon or a cake-decorating piping tube.
- Rub some butter between your palms to dissolve it.
- Apply to hair that has been just moisturized. You can also use this whipped butters as a body butter.
Storage: The shelf life of this butter is about 18 to 24 months.
You might also like: