Everyone gets an itchy scalp now and again: heat, too much product or just because. I have a solution: Neno Natural’s full-proof anti-itch hair wash.
Key ingredient: peppermint essential oil.
This is my routine:
1. Wash hair with just water until full soaked and rinsed.
2. Shampoo gently and rinse that out with water only.
3. Fill a big bottle with warm water. I use an old milk bottle (c.3 litres), add 10 drops of peppermint oil. Run that water through the already rinsed hair.
4. Apply conditioner. Leave it in your hair for c.15 minutes with a shower cap over your head. The peppermint will continue working under the heat. I normally blow dry the surface of the shower cap for more heat.
5. Finish your hair routine in your usual way.
Optional step: in step 4 you can add 3 to 5 drops of peppermint essential oil to a handful of conditioner for maximum effect.
Can you add the peppermint in at any point?
Probably. That said:
Follow me @NenoNatural and check out Neno Natural's Haircare Store.
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
I now blog about wealth creation - so if you have any money questions meet me there, you can do all sorts of cool things like leave me a voicemail.
By Heather Katsonga-Woodward
I was a natural hair blogger and mixtress living between London & Chicago from 2012 to 2017. I always thought I was 4C but some say 4B; images below - you decide! Heather xx