My name is Brittany Turner and I am from Pine Bluff, Arkansas, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
I have type 4 hair - 4c/4b?
I went natural in March 2012. I was getting a lot of weaves and in the midst of that, skipping out on my regular perms. I discovered my hair was growing a lot more without the perms so I decided to stop using them for good.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was gathering advice on how to take care of my hair. No one else in my family was natural so I had no one to look to for advice and I was overwhelmed with internet information on the matter.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I oil my hair with my personal oil mix every other night and I deep condition my hair every Friday.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I don't have much of a morning regimen.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I typically apply my oils every other night before I sleep. I also sleep with a silk bonnet on to protect my hair or on a silk pillow case.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use a blow dryer sometimes to stretch out my hair length.
I braid my hair very often; maybe 5 or 6 times in a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It's normally protected in either braids or a wig.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I wanted my hair to be bleached, but instead of turning the blonde/gold color I was going for it turned a fiery red. It was awful. The only thing that turned blonde were my edges. I had to go to another stylist and at that point I didn’t care what she put on my hair. In the end the stylist darkened my hair back down to brown.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Always keep your hair moisturized. If it’s too dry you risk the chance of it breaking off.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.