My name is April Bee and I'm from Virginia, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
If I had to guess, my hair ranges from 3c-4b. But mostly 4a.
I Big Chopped on 12/28/12. It was very random. Sort of like a spur of the moment type of thing.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing was finding products that work well on my hair. As well as keeping my hair moisturized. My hair was very, very dry when I first went natural.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I really don't have a regimen but I do make sure that I deep condition weekly.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I don't have one. It all depends on how my hair is styled.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
If I'm not re-twisting or re-braiding, I'm just putting a satin bonnet on. But if I am re-twisting/braiding, I'll spray my hair lightly with water and add cream and oil for moisture.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Once a year. Which is in the winter months when I blow dry and flat iron my hair.
Braided extensions? Not often, maybe once a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Denman Brush for sure!
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Normally loose. I love braid-outs.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes! I was taking faux locs out and cut inches of my real hair by accident. My hair was left choppy and very uneven. So I had to go to Hair Cuttery for a hair cut.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Deep condition. Deep condition. Deep condition. Maintaining moisturized hair is the key to healthy, long hair!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.