1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Jessie Antionette and I'm from Lawton, OK.
2. What is your hair type?
4C- coarse, naturally dry, low porosity
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural November 2012. I did it because it was tending; I stuck with it because I became infatuated with my hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Lengthy Wash Days
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Prepoo, shampoo, condition & style
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Moisture then oil to seal.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Moisture right after shower then wrap it up!
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes I love heat! I have no rules I use it as often as I want (but not excessively). I counter heat damage by using specific heat protection products & adding protein treatments before and after heat styling.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes, I love braided updo; I could do those once a week maybe every two weeks if I braid tight enough. I may do a protective style like box braids once or twice a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use a wide tooth comb in a regular basis to detangle. If I want definition for a twist out, coil out, etc will use a denman brush while styling.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is usually in two flat, chunky two-stand twist.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
My hair tragedy was in April 2013 when I stopped getting relaxers and tried a variety of DIY treatments. I hadn't done much of any research and I thought my hair coming in (new growth) needed protein. Terrible mistake! I was doing DIY egg/fresh minced garlic protein treatments as much as 3 times a week! I lost the majority of my relaxed hair in the middle of my head; I had edged though! There was no recovery y'all! I did the big chop that same month, but I got a weave cause I was scared to see what I looked like without hair! 3 months later I took the weave out, did research on hair care and fell in love.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep your scalp clean, eat well, drink water & fine products that work for you! Popular products are cool but don't work for everyone. Also, experiment cautiously.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: