I'm Jasmine but call me Jas. I live in Cleveland, OH
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 3c/4a.
I went natural almost 5 years ago. I damaged my hair so much between relaxers and hair dye. I just wanted my hair to be healthy.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Being patient was hard for me. Natural hair takes so much more time and product. It's frustrating sometimes; you really have to take care of it.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
The most important thing in my regimen is deep conditioning weekly. I try to only do my hair once a week and maintain that style so I don't have much manipulation. Moisturizing every other day is important
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Hope for the best when I take my scarf off
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I use silk or satin pillow cases. I use a bonnet and/or scarf every night. And I moisturize as needed.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I haven't flat ironed my hair in 6 months and I don't plan to again for a long time. I do
blow-dry my hair when ever I want to add some stretch to a style. I try to use the cool setting.
Yes I braid my hair. Very often, more times than I count. I don't trust others to braid my hair because I don't want it too tight so I braid my own hair.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Both, But the Denman is definitely number one on my list. I use my Denman on wet hair and the wide tooth comb if I ever comb out on dry hair.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Half and half, but I want to start doing more protective styles to keep my ends covered.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I would say my relaxers were a tragedy. Coloring my hair blonde was the worst mistake I've made. My hair doesn't do well with hair color. I had to keep cutting the damaged hair to recover from it. It wasn't worth it.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Deep conditioning and keeping your hair moisturized are very important when it comes to retaining length as well as maintaining the health of your hair.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply