My name is Neosha and I'm in Georgia, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is a mix of Type 4 but mostly just 4B and 4C
I went natural 3 years ago on March 14th 2011. I initially wanted to transition for a year before ding the big chop but after 6 months I just randomly got out of bed one morning, grabbed some scissors and started snipping off my relaxed ends.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging was learning my hair. That was pretty rough. Trial and error helped out.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash (condition) weekly and deep condition bi-weekly.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
No routine. Just depends on if I plan to leave the house or not.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
If my hair is not in a protective style such as braids, then I usually twist or pineapple my hair after spraying a leave in conditioning spray. Then apply a satin bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes. I MIGHT flat iron no more than twice a year. I use a hooded dryer when I do my deep conditioning treatments (not always bi-weekly).
Yes. My hair is currently in box braids for the winter. I usually do braid styles during the fall/winter months.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide-tooth when I want my hair to let me be great . Other times, it's all finger detangling.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Currently in a protective do.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
When I was new to the natural thing, I made the mistake of putting in a texturizer not even a month later. Worst thing ever. So luckily my chop was still young and it just grew out. I recovered by reading up on hair, YouTube videos, LOTS of conditioning and protective styles, etc.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
The less you touch it, the better. At least for me. lol. Also, it doesn't hurt to learn techniques from others.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coils?
Here's how to apply.