Tebogo *Bangisto* Michaels from Botswana and Lives in Dublin, Ireland.
2. What is your hair type?
It's a mix; 4a at the back, 4b in the front, 4c in the middle. Curls of all kind (^_^)
2012 February and I did so because I was tired of looking at my limp, thin hair in a lifeless ponytail.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Nothing was really a challenge, I did the big chop and I loved it and all the knowledge hunting was and is still exciting.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I use a tea tree and coconut oil mix on my scalp and hair. Wash day is deep condition olive oil + honey mayonnaise and wash only with coconut conditioner
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
When I have my hair loose, I moisturize with olive oil and shea butter and style. When I have it braided I just tie it up with my silk scarf.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Silk scarf tie up, no major routine whether loose or braided. hehe lazyness (hides face)
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I've used a blow dryer twice since going natural, hated it for days, it broke my hair and made it extra dry, so I use rollers now but the best is 3-strand braids to stretch it out.
I braid my hair 6 times a year with my hair only now, before I used to use extensions as my hair was micro tiny so they helped a lot
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide-tooth comb and my fingers
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is 60% Braided, 25% Protective styled 15%loose due to the weather in Dublin, its cold wet and windy most of the year
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
How did you recover from it? I had a weave for the first time in 7years and when taking it out a friend of mine cut a big chunk of it right in the middle. She didnt even tell me until I went to get my hair braided that the lady doing my hair chuckled every time I went to get my hair braided, it took 6 months to regrow that spot only, and drank a lot of nettle and black tea, rubbed a lot of tea tree oil and coconut oil and Valla it reached up to the other strands (^_^)
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
I try to eat well, Health is your wealth. Greens, seeds, nuts and water are amazing for strength, health and long hair. I also use more Natural products on my hair, especially oils.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.