I'm Natoya P from Brooklyn, New York
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is a combination of 3c and 4A
I went natural in February 2013 and did a big chop in June 2013. I merely decided to because I was tired of trips to the salon and the use of chemicals in my hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing was embracing my twa after my big chop, and dealing with dryness and frizz.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimen would typically be a wash n go Sunday afternoon and loose styles throughout the week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
My daily morning regimen includes spritzing a bit of water and conditioner to the ends of my hair and adding some coconut oil.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
My daily night regimen is placing my hair in a pineapple or high, loose pony then wrapping my hair with a silk head wrap.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I try not to use much heat on my hair; if I do, it's to defuse my hair after washing. Or once in a while I flat iron my hair for a different look but I do use a heat protective lotion.
I tend to braid my hair once or twice a year mainly during the summer.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I prefer a wide-comb or Afro pick.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I wear my hair both loose and in protective styles, it really depends on the time of the year.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I did experience a hair tragedy one hot summer day, last year I left my hair out and it got extremely dry, brittle and tough. I had excessive shedding, breakage and knots. In order to recover from the damage I applied a homemade hair mask and tons of conditioner. I let the conditioner sit for awhile then I combed the hair in small sections, after which I towel dried and applied a leave in conditioner and oils.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip for maintaining healthy hair is the use of oils to add moisture and eating clean.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.