My name is April (Curlychaotic), and I'm from New York.
2. What is your hair type?
I'm not much into the hair typing, but I believe I'm a 3B and 3C.
Thanksgiving of 2014 was when I did my Big Chop. I just wanted a change with my hair since I always loved curly hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I always had long hair so I didn't know where to start. Also I wasn't comfortable in my skin. I felt lost at first.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I usually have a protective style, mainly braids or twists. I may take them out throughout the week. Weekends is when I wash my hair.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Refresh whatever style I have.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Protecting my hair with a satin bonnet, scarf, or pillowcase.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Not since I did my big chop shockingly!
Yes. I do alot of braid outs, or mini box braids.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Lately protective do's since I spend most of my time at home.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Aside from failed hairstyles I attempted, no. I recovered from it by trial & error, and lots of practice!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
For me, a clean scalp, moisturized hair and low manipulation styles.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.