1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Chelsea Williams and I’m from Maryland.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 4C.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural several times before sticking with it. My most recent big chop was during the summer of 2012.
I decided to go natural because I was tired of spending so much money on weaves. I was also curious as to what my natural curl pattern looked like. Sadly, I had never seen it before.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was learning how to retain length and moisture.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I don’t shampoo or co-wash my hair weekly. I do twist-outs in between my shampooing and co-washing. You can find a break down of my current hair care routine on my website.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I take down my “pineapple” and fluff! Sometimes I will mist - and I do mean mist - my hair with a rose water and vegetable glycerin mix.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I pineapple my hair and cover it with a satin scarf or bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, I use heat on my hair. I use heat on my hair after I shampoo or co-wash.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
No, I do not braid my hair. My hair gets too tangled, and I end up having to trim my ends.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide-tooth comb. I’ve never tried using a denman brush.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose. I’ll occasionally wear my hair in a high puff or ponytail. I don’t wear my hair up often though as I am prone to headaches.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I’ve had several “tragedies”! My first hair tragedy was in the summer of 2010. I had already been natural for 9 months. I had always worn protective styles and at that point, I had never learned how to properly care for my natural hair. I became extremely frustrated and decided to go to a local Dominican shop to get a relaxer. I regretted it almost immediately. About a week later, I cut off all my hair again.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
A healthy diet, exercise, and lots of water are the most important ways to maintain healthy hair. Topical products will not be as effective if you do not maintain a proper diet.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: