My name is Doni Raye and I am from Southern Louisiana.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 4b/c.
I went natural on January 1, 2014 because I wanted a fresh start in life. I wanted to be liberated from society’s definition of beauty.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Finding the courage to actually do it. Nothing else in my journey compares to the fear that I had when I first big chopped.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Every Saturday I do a hot oil treatment, wash, deep condition, and style.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I do light coconut oil and water and style because it is already moisturized from the night before.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I use a satin cap to sleep after I do my daily moisturizing.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Once, it was a huge fail. I ended up putting a kinky straight ponytail on it after my flat iron puffed up.
So far, I’ve only had one protective style other than my faux puff and that was my marley twists. So, I’d say maybe once or twice a year. My edges or thin so I try not to do braids often.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It’s about what and what. I wear my faux puff a lot since it’s cold and I don’t want to wash my hair because I get sick easily.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I big chopped twice by accident. After the first one in January, I went to a barber and he cut me like a boy in May 2014. So, I had to grow it out again.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Still trying to figure it out, honestly.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply