1. What's your name and where are you from?
Dynasty. I'm from Springfield, MA
2. What is your hair type?
3c/3b 4a near edge line medium fine texture
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
My mother used to relax my hair when I was growing up. The last relaxer she gave me was when I was around 10 years old. Although, I started my natural hair journey in 2013. I transitioned from heat damage for 1 year on June 1, 2013 and then I mini chopped my straight ends on June 1, 2014.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Having two different textures was the most challenging. Products that I used worked well on the heat damage but would work differently on my natural texture.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I pre-poo, cleanse, deep condition and moisturize, seal and style my hair once a week. I massaged my scalp with oil at least 2-3 times a week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Depending on how my hair is, I take my hair down from a pineapple, shake and go. I sometimes apply oil to frizzy curls to reshape them by coiling them around my finger.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night, I put my hair in a pineapple, cover it with a satin scarf and then I put on satin bonnet on the pineapple part.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, I use heat but not often. I straighten my hair every 4-6 months. I use a blow dry to stretch my hair once a month if that.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I braid my hair once or twice a month for a braidout. I get braided protective styles every 1-3 months.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use both. To detangle my hair, I finger detangle, then I smooth with a wide tooth comb and then I use a denman brush.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I wear my hair loose in natural hairstyles more than I wear protective styles.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes, dyed my ends which fried them. I had to cut them off although my hair recovered.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisturize with a water based leave in and seal with oil. Oil has really helped my hair retain its length.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: