1. What's your name and where are you from?
My Name is Fajr from New Jersey.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is a 4c.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went completely natural in October 2013 but I started transitioning to be natural, I think, in April 2012. I had been natural for the majority of my life so I wanted to go back to being natural but was having a really difficult time. Finally, my boyfriend (now fiancé) doubted I would do it because I kept talking about it and his doubt caused me to actually follow through with it.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing for me going natural was learning to deal with my own texture of hair and not so much the relaxed hair. Accepting that my hair was not going to be like everyone’s on youtube whose videos I may have watched.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Right now my weekly regimen is to just make sure my hair is moisturized, by using some type of oil such as coconut oil, olive oil, or our “loving our look” regimen oil (which is posted on our blog). I try to moisturize my hair daily because my hair is dry a lot of the time.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I really do not have a morning routine unless my set my hair the night before. If I set my hair the night before my morning routine would consist of taking my hair down. When I take my hair down in the morning, I usually put an oil on my finger tips and take it down to prepare for a style.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
A daily night time regiment would definitely be moisturizing my hair before I go to bed or setting in a style for the next day and then putting my bonnet on.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I do use it but not very often. If I do use it, I use it to deep condition.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I get my hair braided probably about once or twice a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide-tooth comb even though I barely use that. I’m more of a use my fingers type of girl.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It’s 50/50. I do protective styling a lot in the spring/summer and wear it loose during the fall and winter but it’s generally half and half. It depends on how I’m feeling.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I guess it would be when I was taking out my sew-in (tracks) and cut my own hair. This was around the time I was transitioning. So when I went to get my hair done, my hair stylist gave me a tapered cut which helped to cut off the rest of my relaxed ends anyway so it became a beautiful tragedy.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair would be keeping it moisturized and paying attention to your hair. Your hair pretty much tells you what it needs at times.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Black Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: