1. What's your name and where are you from?
My Name is Gabby from New Jersey.
2. What is your hair type?
My type is a mixture of type 3 hair, majority of it being 3C.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I decided to eliminate all chemical processes 3.5 years ago. It was cheaper on my pocket and I started noticing it was a healthier decision as well.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing is and continues to be, the styling of my hair. I've come to understand finally that some styles may not work for me. It was a little hard to accept but I've managed to figure out other styles that favor my hair better. I'm working on perfecting those at the moment.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimen is making sure my hair is moisturized. Mid-week my hair tends to lose moisture and become very dry and brittle. So I spruce it up with some coconut oil and shea butter.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Usually putting my hair up in a puff using coconut oil and water, as well as adding some edge control for the frizz.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
You know I've never really worked on a night regimen. Throwing a bonnet over my head and calling it a night is what I do.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I do use heat every 3-6 months depending on my mood. Making sure I prep my hair very well to avoid excessive heat damage.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes, I do occasionally braid my hair. Usually about twice a year, something different, protective styling.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I haven't purchased a denman brush, so at the moment I'm still using a wide tooth comb.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
At one point the middle of my hair was not growing at all.. And was starting to show significantly. Not sure what it was exactly, but I started doing low manipulation styles. I also used natural ingredients to promote hair growth.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Deep conditioning should be your best friend. I've found that making sure my hair is moisturized is definitely key.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Black Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: