1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Iliandra Balentina and I’m from the beautiful island of Curaçao (Caribbean)
2. What is your hair type?
Hair type 3c
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
End of 2012 I stopped relaxing my hair, because of breakage and empty spots. My hair was thin and unhealthy due to abuse of clip-in weaves (f.e taking them out only once a week). I had a short bob, so I decided to transition instead of the big chop.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging was transitioning and not knowing exactly how my hair was going to be, since I’ve had relaxed hair my whole life.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash my hair every 7-10 days depending on the products I use that week. Every time I wash my hair I use shampoo, a mask/deep conditioner and conditioner. After washing it I use my styling products and that lasts for the whole week+.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Daily morning regimen, mostly using edge control or gel for my edges and a next day spray….. then style!
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I always wear my hair in a pineapple!
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Only once or twice a year, using heat protections. I’ve damaged my curls with heat so I’m scared.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I’ve braided once this year, think I’m starting to do it more often.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Denman brush all the way!!!! I use it to detangle before and during conditioning.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is usually in a wash and go or in a puff
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Biggest hair tragedy was having split ends, thin, weak, uneven, unhealthy hair with empty spots …
The WORST ever!!! I started using a hair regrowth treatment, castor, coconut, olive and avocado oil. During my transition and hair growth I was only wearing wigs.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Taking good care of your hair by using the right products for your hair type. And not using a lot of heat. Eating healthy and drinking a lot of water helps too.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: