My name is Kaitlan. And I'm a California girl, born and raised.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is mostly 3c, 4a.... Maybe a little 4b.
I've actually always been natural but when I grew up pressing your hair was the business so it wasn't until about 3 years ago that I decided to see what my curls looked like.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Figuring out what products to use and how to make styles last. The struggle was and still is REAL lol
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I alternate between shampooing and cowashing and I deep condition weekly. I style and usually the style lasts me all week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
It's quite simple: I just spritz with water and fluff my hair with a pik.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I just put my bonnet on and get some sleep.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I haven't since I cut my hair and I don't intend to, so I guess I could say no.
I want cornrows SO BAD right now. But I typically do a protective style once a year. Last time I had Marley twists. And I've been using my natural extensions quite often to give my hair a little break.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I typically finger detangle but definitely a Denman brush when needed.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose; Gotta let the curls breathe!
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
YES! A few years ago I decided to go blonde. I'm not sure what I was thinking but my hair became BONE STRAIGHT. So I transitioned for a year and then couldn't deal with both textures so a year ago I big chopped. Best thing I decided to do.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Be consistent, deep condition and drink water. And focus on what works for YOUR hair.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.