1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Nancy Muyunda and I am from the United Kingdom.
2. What is your hair type?
I think am in between a 4b and a 4c
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural on the 11/12/2013. You My hair has been relaxed for as long as i can remeber and for some reason it never grew longer than shoulder length, so when I saw that a lot of ladies on youtube/facebook/ instagram etc where promoting natural and all the products that are available for maintenance- i did not think twice! I immediately said to my husband; honey am going natural:) and now my hair is healthy, long and thick-love it!!
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I think fit was mostly my convincing my husband that chopping my hair was a good decision- other than that I would say getting used to combing kinky hair every day was something that was tough at first- aswel as knowing which products worked for me.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wear wigs alot lately so my hair is in cornrows - so i try to make sure my sculp is not dry by adding natural shea butter mixed with almond oil
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
My hair is usually in cornrows so I rarely see it.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Same as Q6
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I do not use heat on my hair AT ALL.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes I braid my hair, i would say atleast 8 times in a year. I do it myself so I experiment alot.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide-tooth comb all the way.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Usually in a protective do.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Oh Yes. Just recently tried dying my hair reddish using the same product I use all the time- but for some reason I just didnt work! My hair did not come out the colour I wanted and it became coarse and was also breaking. I have since had it in a protective style and try to keep it moist by using the LOC method.. Hopefully it will get back to normal!- will keep you posted!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Always have it in a protective style and keep it moist. Avoid using heat if possible
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: