1. What's your name and where are you from?
Hello Beauties!! My name is Rosemary and I am from London with Nigerian background.
2. What is your hair type?
I have beautiful 4C/4B hair.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in April 2014. I transitioned for about a year. I had enough of the two textures and really wanted to experience being natural.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
To me it was so different. I had never handled my natural hair myself before so it was so new to me. I think I was most self conscious about how short and different it was at the initial stages. Now I know that it is the best decision I have ever made for my hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I am actually experimenting with the “water only” regimen. This means that instead of using commercial products, you just use water and oils. It has been about 3 months, I am loving it so far and I think it may be a keeper. The problem I had with products is that they gave me an itchy scalp – my scalp is sensitive so it is working for me.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
It depends really. Lately I have been having my hair in mini twists so in the morning before work I will just style them. I pretty much put my hair into a style and go when my hair is loose.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I feel that to save time a good night time routine is key. Even if it means refreshing with water before retwisting/rebraiding to maintain the stretch. This is pretty much what I do.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use indirect heat from my hooded dryer for a style like Curlformers.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Whenever I feel like it I will do mini twists with my natural hair. I am not really a fan of extensions and such, I know my scalp will not like it and I prefer doing things with my hair.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I finger detangle only now but if I had to chose I would say wide tooth comb.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
A bit of both.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Back in 2010 when I allowed a ‘friend’ at the time to overprocess my hair with relaxer. I transitioned to texturised hair and definitely learnt never to let anyone do my hair again. I started doing my hair myself and what I learnt is that I am the only one who really knows what I want for my hair and who truly cares about its health!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
I have a few: Keep it simple! All the product junkie business it really not worth it. Choose products that your hair likes and stick with them. Also, be gentle with your hair, love it and it will love you back. Lastly, embrace the beautiful kinks that God blessed you with.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: