1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Sabrina Greene and I’m from Alexandra, Virginia (DMV area).
2. What is your hair type?
Overall I would say i'm 3C type.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in November 2015. I big chopped after transitioning for 11 months. Prior to going natural, I started to dislike my relaxed hair. That straight, damaged, lifeless mess was boring.
I noticed that I loved the thick and natural curly look. Every naturalista I would see, I would compliment. Then I thought, what the hell! Girl, go natural! Never in a million years would I have believed I was hiding such beautiful curls!
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Deciding to cut when I did. I originally planned to transition for a year and a half, but was tired of dealing with the two different textures whenever I would take a protective style out. So, I cut sooner than I planned. My hair was long all my life. So to go from long hair to basically a couple of inches of hair was shocking but I loved it.
I embraced it and in the end was happy with the decision I made. Cutting my hair sooner allowed me to learn what products worked for me etc. Also, it helped step my makeup game up, lol… Couldn’t have a short 'do without a lightly beat face.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
If my hair is not in a protective style (i.e. braids or cornrows) I deep condition once a week, do a wash&go and when it gets old I just wear my hair in a high bun for the remainder of the week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Add a little water maybe leave conditioner to a previous wash&go, fluff hair out with my hands and last, add jojoba oil to seal in moisture.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Throw a bonnet on and go to sleep.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Only time I use heat is: before getting box braids (my hair gets blow dried before braiding), when deep conditioning (sitting under hooded dryer) and when I diffuse (low heat or cool setting).
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I get my hair braided about 2-3 times a year. I leave braids in for no longer than 2 months.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use a wide-tooth comb when detangling in the shower. I purchased a denman brush but haven’t put it to use yet because my curls define when I rake leave-in conditioner in with my fingers.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
When it’s cold, in a protective style most of the time. When it's warmer I like to wash&go.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
No, I haven’t. Newly natural so… Was thinking about color but scared it will ruin my curl pattern.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Deep condition weekly, moisturize daily, protective styles, trim when needed and patience.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: