Sonique Saturday. I was born in Culver City, CA and raised in Atlanta, GA. I now live back in Los Angeles, CA.
2. What is your hair type?
I got my first perm at the age of 18 and my hair stayed healthy but every time I had new growth I always ended up liking that texture more than my permed hair texture so I grew my perm out to go natural.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I honestly had been doing a twist out for a while and I do that maybe once every two weeks
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I wake up and rubs both of my hands all over my head like a little boy haha.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I usually like to clip the hair behind my ears to the top of my head since I sleep on the sides of my face
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, I use heat when I curl wand and straighten my hair... other than that no.
No I don't
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
My hair likes to eat combs so i use brushes
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I'm a free child so it's usually loose
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Of course! I usually end those problems with soaking my hair head in water and wearing a high bun. If I can't do that I'll tie all of my hair in a scarf piled up on top of my forehead
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
leave it alone, my hair doesn't like to be pulled into a complete different style everyday. the less i bother it, the thicker and long it becomes.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.