My name is Vashti. I'm Grenadian and I live in Dallas, Texas.
2. What is your hair type?
I big chopped in August 2009 because I was bored with relaxed hair and wanted to switch things up a bit.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
In the beginning, it was challenging to keep my hair moisturized because I was having issues with highly porous strands. Once I figured out the cause and how to remedy it, I haven't really had any issues.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I tend to cleanse my hair every 10-14 days. I start off with a pre-poo, then I wash & deep condition. I allow my hair to dry in a t-shirt for a bit and then I proceed to moisturize, seal & style.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
If I'm wearing a twist out, I untwist, shape and go :) If I'm wearing a twisted updo, I smooth my edges and use a moisturizing spritz all over.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I re-moisturize (if necessary), retwist and wear a satin bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use heat sparingly. I have my hair blown out about 3 times a year when I get professional trims.
I do wear kinky twists or crochet braids at least once a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide tooth comb.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I try to balance wearing my hair loose and in protective styles. I'd say my hair is probably out 60% of the time.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Thankfully, I've never had a hair tragedy. I've had a few style fails, but nothing tragic.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep your hair conditioned and moisturized, and get trims as needed.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.