1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name Zainab and I am from Lagos Nigeria
2. What is your hair type?
Well my hair is a mixture of 4a. 4b and 4c. but mostly consists of 4c.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I decided to return natural in early September, I made this decision because I wanted curls, I wondered why so many black females in America had really pretty curls and I didn’t, and as long as I cold remember, I have been relaxed all my life so I decided to try it. I had my big chop September 18 2013, just a few days before my 18th birthday
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural when I first did was trying to get my hair to look like that of those on you tube with 3b and c hair type. Trying to get curls which weren’t mine. It was quite challenging till finally did more research and learnt more about my hair texture and embraced it.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimen when I am not on protective styles is to co wash every Wednesday and deep condition every weekend.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
My daily morning regimen consists of me spritzing my hair with my hair mix which consists mainly of water,lavender,tea tree,peppermint and lemon oil, followed by a carrier oil and cocoa butter.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I spritz my hair with my mix and them massage my hair with castor and peppermint oil to stimulate hair growth and to keep my edges safe, then I tie on my silk scarf or just lay on my satin pillowcase when I am too tired.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Not since I returned natural, no.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I braid my hair every month, usually cornrows which I make myself and then I put on wigs or tie turbans. I braid my hair about 335 days a year. lol
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use both. All depends on what I feel like doing and how much I want to detangle.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Usually in a protective do.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes!! I did once. I wanted to wear the Ghana weaving cornrow style and I wanted her to start from my edges, she held my edges so tight about 30 strands of hair was pulled out. I was really sad and devastated I had to tell her to loosen it and then try something else. I recovered from it by massaging castor oil it every night and day till it grew back. it didn’t even take up to 3 months and I was relived.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip is moisture and protective styles. When your hair is rightly moisturized and in a protective style at the same time, you get to retain so much length and health.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: