1. What's your name and where are you from?
Felipe Monteiro, I’m from Brazil, but I am living in France.
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you start taking a keen interest in your hair?
It was in 2013. I searched for male Brazilian YouTubers talking about how to care for kinky/curly hair and I didn't find any; so, I created a youtube channel and started to talk about hair for all other men who need help out there.
4. Are there any challenges in being a man that's fanatical about hair?
You need to be patient, to care and to ignore what another people say about your amazing hair!
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Every week I follow a set routine. I moisturize with a lot of natural oils, and I add volume to it with twist outs, I love to have a lot of volume.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Normally I put a little natural oil in my hand and massage my scalp to **wake up** my hair. After that I use my hair dryer to add more volume. And that’s it!
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I just tie my hair on top. It’s good to use a pillowcase and satin cap to sleep, but I haven’t started yet! :(
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, sometimes to add volume, only. To dry only naturally.
9. Do you braid your hair?
Not yet, because I need to learn. I really want to learn. I love braids!
10. What is your favourite hair tool?
I think it is scarves to do an afro puff when I am having a "bad hair day".
11. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
After I started keeping my hair natural, no, and I hope it never happens. haha!
12. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Care and care and care. A lot of nutrition, moisturizing and when you see your hair is a bit damaged, reconstruction. I prefer to use natural treatments.
13. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a King of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.