1. What's your name and where are you from?
Aeleise Jana from Chicago
2. What is your hair type?
As a cosmetologist and Deva Inspired Curl Stylist, I vehemently don’t believe in hair typing because it doesn’t matter. My curl diameter is a 3C though.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
My first big chop was in Summer of 2003. My relaxed hair was shoulder length and healthy but way too long 99 degrees and 100% humidity. This was before YouTube and I had no idea there were forums. I continued to do the same basic care i always did (cleanse,condition, style) and my hair grew.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Fighting the urge to cut my hair. I’ve big chopped 7+ times
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Right now my hair is very short so I don’t really have one. When it’s longer usually I clarify/cleanse/ condition. To style I would either put it in a puff, wash n go, or set medium twists for a twist out.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Wake and shake.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I’ve never had one no matter how long my hair was. Either sleep on a satin pillowcase or scarf
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Sometimes 1-2 times a month. Sometimes not for 2+ years
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I’m super tender-headed so no braids.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Neither. I use my fingers
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It’s probably loose because I lose patience at about the crown of my head for styling.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I had ringworm in my head as a small child that left a low density patch in the back. I rock it and keep it moving.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Comments are closed.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.