1. What's your name and where are you from?
Alexandria, I'm currently residing in Houston, TX
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in the Summer of 2010. A classmate of mine inspired me to transition and then big chop!
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Learning my hair and finding products! You will go through a lot of trial and error with natural hair products. It's kind of like a natural hair initiation. Every natural has to go through it!
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimen consists of deep conditioning, shampooing, co-washing, and moisturizing every night.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
My morning regimen consists of me taking my twists or style from the previous night down. I don't really do much in the morning. I keep my hair regimen very simple.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I set my hair GENTLY every night. I like to maintain my style for longer than a day. So, I spray a leave in, seal with an oil or shea butter and then style for the next day.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I rarely use heat. I recently straightened my hair fro a friends wedding and suffered a small bit of heat damage so It definitely will be a while before I straighten again.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes, I try to get braids or twists once or twice yearly to switch up my look.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
DENMAN BRUSH, all day long! I love that thing.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It's normally loose. I wear my hair in twist outs 80% of the time.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Oh my goodness, where do I start. My first year natural, I colored my hair blonde. I colored my hair at home and the first disaster was that it came out ORANGE! I had to go and get the color corrected. Next disaster was when I tried to straighten my hair and the stylist had no idea how to work with my hair so that's when the scissors came out, causing me to lose all of my growth. Lesson learned. I definitely do my own hair now.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisture, moisture, moisture! You must moisturize and seal your hair! Do the LEAST, not the most. Keep your regimen simple.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.