1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is April (Curlychaotic), and I'm from New York.
2. What is your hair type?
I'm not much into the hair typing, but I believe I'm a 3B and 3C.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
Thanksgiving of 2014 was when I did my Big Chop. I just wanted a change with my hair since I always loved curly hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I always had long hair so I didn't know where to start. Also I wasn't comfortable in my skin. I felt lost at first.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I usually have a protective style, mainly braids or twists. I may take them out throughout the week. Weekends is when I wash my hair.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Refresh whatever style I have.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Protecting my hair with a satin bonnet, scarf, or pillowcase.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Not since I did my big chop shockingly!
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes. I do alot of braid outs, or mini box braids.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Lately protective do's since I spend most of my time at home.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Aside from failed hairstyles I attempted, no. I recovered from it by trial & error, and lots of practice!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
For me, a clean scalp, moisturized hair and low manipulation styles.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.