1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Arlena Mark and I am from the island of Grenada.
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural because I had a great deal of heat damage and my hair was thinning.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Finding the right products and methods that worked for my hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Moisturize (leave in conditioner, oils), seal with a shea butter mix, twist then bantu knot.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I usually use oils on my hands to take down my bantu knots. When I have protective styles, like braids, I use a mist (water with oils) on my scalp.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Moisturize and bantu knots.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes. Whenever I think my hair needs a break. It may be about 4 times per year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes I did! I tried to dye my hair back to black. The result wasn't black but at least it was one color.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.