1. What's your name and where are you from?
Ashley Raye and I am from Charleston, South Carolina
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
2 years ago I decided to go natural. I went natural because my daughter always wanted her natural curly hair to be long and pressed out like my extensions and hair. She felt that having straight, relaxed hair meant you were beautiful. So I transitioned my hair to show her how to love her hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Finding the right products to use on my hair and the maintenance.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash/co wash my hair weekly and style my hair depending on its length. My hair grows very quickly. I started out doing a roller set with perm rods/2 strand twist on the top of my hair and coil the sides. How that my hair has grown a few more inches I do mostly 2 strand twist all over.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I use my argon oil on my hair for shine and moisture. Then I use my Curls Blueberry edge control to lay my edges. A couple of sprays of my Organix Moroccan Oil and I am out the door.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I re-twist some of the my hair that had frizz using my Camille Rose Jai Twisting Butter then I use a silk bonnet at night to cover my hair.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
NO! Hardly never. I hate the hair dryer.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes I am currently wearing my favorite style Goddess Faux Locs which my stylist calls hers Tzipporah Fauz Locs. I love them!
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes it was during the gray/silver hair era. I got my entire natural hair Bleach 2x in one day and it came out horrific. My hair was green and porous. After trying everything to get that gray color my hair was super damaged. My hair fell out in the middle where it was over process. I had to deep condition and use protein on my hair b/c I had so mush chemical damage, heat damage, and my hair was in a very weak state.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.