1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Briana Lynee (pronounced LIN-NAY) and I am from Maryland.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 3C.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went Natural in 2009 in highschool. I realized my hair was so thin from all the heat and perms so I decided to stop the perms and go natural. However, it wasn’t until 2012 my Freshman Year in college that I became knowledgeable of what works for my hair and how to properly care for it.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I used to find it difficult in styling my hair in my natural state compared to just using heat and keeping my hair straight. This was a learning experience but I am proud to stay that I got it all under control now.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I use the L.O.C. Method every two days. I moisturize my hair on Sundays and I wont touch it again until Tuesday with a cowash followed by moisturizing. Then from Tuesday I will repeat the same steps on Friday. Sunday I will deep condition my hair and then moisturize it and repeat these steps.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I am used to wearing my hair in a bun. So I use my choice of gel for the day followed by edge control and keep my hair up in a bun.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night I follow the L.O.C. Method and braid or twist my hair so in the morning I will take it out and style it in my bun as my go to style for during the weekdays. On the weekends I wear my hair out.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I will use heat on my hair in June and in December to keep my use of heat spaced out. I am enjoying embracing my naturalness.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I don’t get my hair braided ever. I may decided to get it braided once every 2 years just cause I hate sitting for so long.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I would prefer a Wide-Tooth Comb just because its easier to detangle the hair. You can always use your hands to evenly distribute product so the Denman Brush isn’t always necessary.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is in a protective style majority of the time. I wear my hair in a bun to keep my ends protected. Wearing your hair in a bun eliminates the chances of your hair rubbing against anything and keeps it off your neck.I only wear it loose during a special event and mainly on the weekends.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Sometimes when I put my hair in bantu knots or try to do a twist out it doesn’t always work out. In crunch time I style in an up-do that is still cute and classy.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Its so important to keep your hair moisturized. Water is the key to growth and oil will become your best friend while being used at the sealant to keep your moisture in.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.