1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Brittney Fairley and I'm from The Mississippi Gulf Coast.
2. What is your hair type?
I am a 3b.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in December 2013. I wanted a change and it was the best decision I could have ever made.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging was finding products that worked for my hair type.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I try to co-wash my hair weekly but that sometimes doesn't happen!
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I'm a full time nurse so the majority of the time I'll just gather my hair in a bun and put on a cute headband and call it a day!
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I do the pineapple method on my hair at night. I oil it with purpose kollection essential oil and put a little cantu curling cream in my hair and then place my hair in a pineapple.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Every now and then I’ll do a blow-out and curl wand, but I make sure to use a heat protectant spray.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I don’t really braid my hair but I’m notorious for a twist out! Lol
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is usually up in a bun due to work.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
So far I haven't had a hair tragedy since going natural.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep it moisturized and do regular co-washes.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.