1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Carlencia Gray and I am from Galveston, TX, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair texture is a mixture of all in the Type 4 category: 4a, 4b, 4c.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I decided to stop relaxing my hair in 2012. During an attempt to stretch my relaxer I noticed my natural texture and became curious. I fell in love with it and never relaxed again.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I would say figuring out what worked best for my hair was the most challenging for me. But over time and I discovered a regimen and which products work great for my hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Every week I shampoo, deep condition, and then I moisturized using the liquid/leave-in, oil, and cream method before styling.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I typically just fluff my hair and go. If I add anything to my hair it would be coconut oil for added shine and softness.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I place my hair in about 4-6 ponytails then cover with a satin bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes. I only straighten my hair twice a year. But I do use a soft bonnet hair dryer to dry my hair every time I style it. My hair is way too thick for air drying in a timely manner.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I only braid my hair for braid outs. Which is very often.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Both! I couldn't live without my wide-tooth comb or denman brush. I will say that the denman works best for detangling.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is usually loose. I love flaunting my hair! I like to wear protective styles during the fall.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I can honestly say that I haven't had a hair tragedy since I've been natural. While relaxed, I once got a comb stuck in my hair and the only way to remove it was with scissors. So I ended up with a new hair cut to even the length :-(
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep your hair moisturized and deep condition regularly
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.