1. What's your name and where are you from?
Carmen Christina, I was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have lived on the eastcoast for 11 years; I'm a proud New Yorker!
2. What is your hair type?
4B, I guess. Never understood the hair typing thing.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I have been natural since 2007.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
It took a while before I figured out how to maintain moisture.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Shampoo and deep condition. I then usually twist to keep it detangled.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Mist with water then apply a styler or leave in conditioner.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I pull it up in a pineapple; sleep on a satin pillow case.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Rarely, I'm way too lazy!
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
This year was my first time getting braids since I as in college (10 years ago).
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It is normally loose; but this year brought more protective styles. I LOVE rocking turbans and headwraps.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
No tragedies, thankfully.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep your hair moisturized! Take your time when you are detangling.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.