1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Chantelle and I'm from Toronto, Canada!
2. What is your hair type?
Mostly 4c some 4a and 4b at the top.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I've been natural pretty much my whole life. What made me return natural in 2008 was simply money. I just had a baby and didn't want to waste money when I know how to take care of my natural hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Setting aside time to twist my hair was most challenging...more so tiring!
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Wash, deep condition, moisturize, twist.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Nothing usually. Every few days I'll spray a water/vegetable glycerin mix.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Simply wrap my hair and go to bed!
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I have not used heat in a few years. I Air dry my hair and I haven't flat ironed it however I may on my 2nd year anniversary since growing my hair again from bald which is next year June. Maybe sooner. I'm open.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I do! I do! I've just done it once this past year. Yarn braids.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide tooth comb. Have yet to try the Denman brush #Ashamed lol
[No need to be ashamed! If wide-tooth combs do the job then there is no need. Heather xx]
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
A balance of both. If the twists get messy I do a twist out then I pick that out after a few days and rock a fro for about a week.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Haha can't say I really have. One time when my hair dresser did my hair (still permed) It turned reddish orange. It was due to a lack of nutrients-keratin specifically apparently. So I just started eating better and it faded. If you are in tune with it, your hair can show you a lot about what's going on inside <3.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Accept it, love it, let it do it's thing!!! Stop trying to control it or it will rebel. And don't touch it too much, Simply let it be.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.