1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Chara Harris and I am from Austin, Texas
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is fine and thick 3c/4a.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I transitioned from 2001 to 2003 and cut off the relaxed ends in June of 2003. My relaxed hair only grew to my shoulders and I wanted to know what my “real” hair looked like.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing for me is finding products that are moisturizing and yet not too heavy.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimen consists of the following:
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
In morning I take my hair down from the pineapple and shake, shake, and shake. On 3rd day hair I section into 4 sections and re-wet and re-apply styler and seal then allow to air dry.
7. What is your daily nighttime regimen?
At night I pull my hair into a high ponytail (pineapple) and cover with a silk scarf.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I straighten my hair about 3 times per year. I will diffuse in the winter to not leave the house with wet hair.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I have never worn braids. However, I do plan on doing mini twists in the near future.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide-tooth comb and my fingers.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I wear my hair loose for about 3-4 days and a protective updo for 2-3 days.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I am currently surviving hair tragedy. I had become severely anemic due to a large fibroid in my uterus. I did not know this until I was diagnosed in February 2013. The anemia was causing my hair to shed and come out; I just thought my texture was changing. Now, after surgery and iron supplements my hair is growing back nice and thick. It is like I am transitioning all over again; the roots (new hair) are thick and the rest of my hair is thinner. I will provide pictures.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Treat your hair as you would your best cashmere sweater. [Me likes that analogy! Heather x]
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc) -
You can find me here…
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.