1. What's your name and where are you from?
Coby and I am from South Florida.
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I’ve been natural my entire life, but decided to embrace my curls in 2012.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing was definitely finding out what products and styles work on my hair and staying away from heat tools.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash my hair once a week, usually a Saturday, and then I’ll either complete a wash n’ go or a braid out to last the entire week. . Leaving me only to moisturize daily.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I usually just take down my pineapple that I slept with and use my favorite moisturizer/oil to loosen and refresh my curls.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I moisturize my scalp/hair and create a pineapple to sleep on. Then cover with a satin scarf/bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Very rarely, I may straighten or blow out my hair to stretch or trim my ends.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I’ve braided my hair once this year, but won’t be doing so again anytime soon.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I tend to wear my hair loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I haven’t really had a hair tragedy, aside from a couple of failed hairstyles. Nothing too drastic.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! And stay away from heat as much as you can.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.