1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Dani Jackson and I am from West Palm beach, Florida.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 3c and 4a.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in September 2012.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I never did a big chop so my transition was challenging. It was also interesting finding the right products to "play nice" with my newly curly hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I am a wash and go girl because I work out a lot. So usually I cowash 2 to 3 times per week and spray with water to keep hydrated daily.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I spray my hair with water and put in Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie as my styler. I then seal with an oil usually jojoba.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night I spray with water and wear a satin bonnet to bed or I will twist it up before bed.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Once a year I do a length check and good trim. That's the only time I use heat.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
If so, how often do you do so in a year? If I am going out I will do a braid out so I so it frequently.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide tooth comb for me.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Typically it's loose. With my position it would be difficult for me to do a protective styling.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I have been lucky not to have any catastrophes. My only thing was I let my hair go without a trim for about a year so I had the worst case of split ends. I had to trim more frequently to get it all under control.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Trim and deep condition your hair on a regular basis. Take vitamins and drink lots and lots of water.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.