1. What's your name and where are you from?
Desmone - Brooklyn, NY
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
October 2013. I wanted healthier, stronger hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Managing and maintaining. I was used to having a perm where I would wrap my hair at night within 5 minutes. That routine extended to 20 - 30 minutes.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash my hair once a week. Twist every night before going to bed. Some days I get lazy and regret it in the morning lol.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Untwist my hair, add oil and pick it out. Style as desired.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use the blow dryer to blow it straight for a longer, fuller twist out.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Every summer. Usually from May - September.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I was wearing a weave for a good period of time. Because it wasn't a full head weave and I was using the flat iron frequently, my hair started breaking off. It became damaged so I ended up cutting it into a short cut. From there I stopped getting perms and started my natural transition.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Conditioner. Oil. Patience.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Black Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.