1. What's your name and where are you from?
I'm Dominique, from NC residing in Maryland.
2. What is your hair type?
3c/4a although I do not classify my hair in type. My curl pattern fits one category but texture fits another 3a
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I received my first perm at age 13/14 because my older cousin was getting one. I went natural at age 16 until about 18/19 in college then returned at 24. When receiving perms my hair looked the same natural so I went natural.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Finding the best products and creating a consistent hair regimen.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Wash/condition on Saturday or Sunday with a style. Lightly oil throughout the week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Normally take bonnet off, use a light deep condition and gloss.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Night time consist of pin curls, foam satin rollers or bantu knots.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I used to blow dry and flat iron every 3 weeks. I have cut out flat ironing; now I only blow dry.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Last year I wore weaves And protective styles such as marley twist or big braids. They are my in between styles I wear only for a month.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide tooth comb and a soft brush for edges.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Mostly protective styles but in 2014 I want to wear my hair loose much more.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I had a hair tragedy once in college, 2005. I bleached blonde my hair. Eeekkkkk
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Hmm consistency is key, you have to create a hair regimen that works for you and maintain it over.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc)
Not at the moment.
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.