1. What's your name and where are you from?
Hi, my name is Ezeh Cynthia and I am from Nigeria.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 4C.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in March of 2015; am the reason I went natural is because of the fact that my new relaxer which was PROFECTIV was making my hair shed and thin.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was having to deal with two different hair textures because I didn’t do the BIG CHOP; I transitioned.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I have no special weekly treatment because most times, am on a protective styling though most times I try to clean it by washing but when not on protective styling, I wash every two weeks with black soap and I deep condition with heat before LOCing my hair.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
My daily treatment is massaging my hair with essential oils and pressing down my edges.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
My night time regimen when not on protective styling is sealing my hair and protecting it with my satin bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Since I went natural, the only time I use heat is when I am deep conditioning.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I braid my hair like 4 times in a year. When I am not carrying my natural hair or on braids, I am on weaves and wigs.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use a wide tooth comb for my hair.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally on a protective hair do. I only wear my hair loose when u feel like I have gone too long on a protective styling and I want my scalp and my hair to breathe.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes, I have had a hair tragedy and it happened early this year. I had traction alopecia and like a large number of my front hair was gone and my front hair looked like I had receding hairline. I made use of of JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL, TEA RINSE, ONION+GARLIC+GINGER RINSE.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip for maintaining long and healthy hair are good detangling, washing the hair in section, deep conditioning especially with heat, use of satin bonnet and protective styling.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.