1. What's your name and where are you from?
Queen Iesha (Mum) & Princess Zekyia (Daughter). We are from Texas.
2. What is your hair type?
Queen Iesha: I am transitioning. I believe my hair type is 4c
Princess Zekyia: 4c
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
Queen Iesha: My last relaxer was mid October of last year
Princess Zekyia: I have been natural for 5 years now
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Queen Iesha: I am in the transitioning phase, I struggle with making two different textures of hair look decent. My career has me in the public eye a lot...there's no telling when a reporter will call me asking for a interview. So it is important that I look presentable. What's making the process easy is crochet braids! Talk about a LIFE SAVER! I have been rocking them in different ways for the last 3-4 months!
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Queen Iesha: Since I have been wearing crochet braids, I mix a little shampoo and water in a spray bottle and spritz my scalp to keep it health and clean.
Princess Zekyia: We co-wash at least once a week. We shampoo usually at the end of the week, depending on how dirty her hair is. I generally put her hair in a updo or twist so that she can get up and go quickly. She has a busy school schedule which includes sports.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Queen Iesha: I spritz my scalp with a mixture of warm water, Shea Moisture's Conditioner, and tea tree oil. It has helped my dry scalp TREMENDOUSLY!
Princess Zekyia: I usually do the LOC method on my hair every morning before school. My oil of choice is usually coconut, olive oil, or jojoba oil. My cream is usually Shea Moistures Raw Shea Butter Conditioner.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Queen Iesha: I spray my hair. I tie my hair down with silk scarfs.
Princess Zekyia: I do the LOC method on her hair.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Queen Iesha: Yes. I blow dry our hair from time to time always using a heat protectant. I use Fantasia IC.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Queen Iesha: I braid mine since it is crocheted.
Princess Zekyia: I don't braid her hair.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Queen Iesha: Both! My denman brush is modified with every other row removed.
Princess Zekyia: Both!
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Queen Iesha: Protective styles mostly because they saves time.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Queen Iesha: Not yet!
Princess Zekyia: Not yet!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Queen Iesha: Make sure you take care of your scalp. A healthy scalp means healthy hair.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Comments are closed.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.