1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Jacinta and I am from Nigeria but I live in Pittsburgh PA.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is more like 10C lol no but according to Andre Walker's hair chart I am 4C.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I had my last relaxer December 29th 2012. I Started taking good care of my hair September 2014. I decided to go natural because I was frustrated with my relax hair.
Here is the Youtube video of my natural hair journey:
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was not knowing what to do for my hair. I could not figure out what products works well with my hair or how to style it. And that is why I thank God that now I have found a regimen/products that works well for me.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash my hair bi weekly. I usually pre-poo, wash, deep condition my hair. Then I will do a braid out, twist out or Bantu knots. I make sure that my style last me a week before I re-style it. Then I will leave my hair in a bun till my next wash.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Depending on how I feel I would wear my hair out or otherwise I will just put it in a bun and go about my day.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I would re twist or braid if I have have a special place or occasion but if not I would just put my hair in top loose bun.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I do not use heat often. I've only blew out my hair once since I went natural.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I do braid my hair once or twice a year. ( ex: Faux locs)
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I do not like using comb or brush. I finger detangle.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose but I do put it away in a bun as my protective style or faux locs.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Oh yes. Back in August 2014 I wanted a crochet braids so bad. I went to a salon to install the braids and the lady was combing my hair forcefully, my head was hurting sooooo bad. I had to tell her to stop and that I could not continue with the style, so since then I've been doing my hair myself.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip for maintaining healthy/long hair is to learn about your hair, take care of it yourself the best way you can. Make sure you eat well, stay healthy, build a steady regimen for your health and hair. And leave your hair alone. Be patient with your hair it will grow!!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.