1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is JayQuan Nance (JayyPinkk) and I'm from Tallahassee, Florida.
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural the day of my senior prom; April 25, 2012. I had been thinking about it and while getting my hair done my hair dresser helped push me into my decision and "snip snip"! Now I did grow my hair for a year in plaits and twist.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I think laziness, like not wanting to protect it every night or re twist it or maybe finding styles that fit you.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Co-wash, plait, hair dry, L.O.C. method, and style.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Undone the twist/plaits, shake, pick, and go.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Chunky twist to stretch my hair and my silk scarf.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Probably once a month sometimes twice.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I don't do braids but I love doing twists. I normally do them like 2-3 times a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Both, my hair is SUPER thick.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I think it's a good mix of both; I'll normally do 2-3 months protected and 1 month loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
When I first went natural I made it to 6 months and decided to flat iron my hair. I think it was fine at first but I just kept straightening it and I created heat damage and so came BC número two. I was sad at first but I just twisted up until I started missing Veronica (my hair).
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Take care of your ends! Clip them and keep them moisturized.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.