1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Juliet Obodo and I was born in Nigeria and currently reside in NYC.
2. What is your hair type?
I have 4B type hair!
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural 3 years ago after leaving a corporate sales job to pursue my writing career. I felt so free!
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Maintain the length that I was growing, but since I've been wearing a lot of protective styles that have been helpful.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I use shea butter to style and plait my hair in small braids.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I take the braids out in the morning and style. I may or may not add more moisture to my ends.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I usually re-braid my hair into larger braids and wrap them in a scarf before bed.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes occasionally when I need to trim my hair or wish to wear it straight. I go to a salon to do and they use heat protectant.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes I do. I wear my hair in braid during the summer months.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Because of my hair texture definitely a wide-tooth comb made from tortoise-shell.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It depends on the season. Loose in the spring and autumn and protective do either braids or a extensions in the summer and winter.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes I was in a rush to take out my braids and accidentally cut my hair. A large tuft square in the middle. Big-chop Part 2.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
To always condition and moisture your ends. This helps not lessen the frequency of trims.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Black Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.