1. What's your name and where are you from?
Hi my name is Kami and I am from Baltimore, Maryland.
2. What is your hair type?
I would like to say a mix between 3b and 3c.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in 2001 because I wanted my hair to be healthy and long like I saw in old pictures of myself.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
For me it was perfecting my wash and go's. My hair would get so frizzy and not look good at all.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I usually do a wash n go now that I have it down. I cowash and then style.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I usually just shake my hair and add curls control paste to my middle part and edges then last apply an oil
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I pineapple my hair for 4 day sometimes 5 day results.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes I do. I mostly diffuse my hair when wearing it curly and I also flatiron my hair twice a year.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Nope I have never really been a big fan but maybe in the future I will try braids.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I would say both it depends on what I am using them for.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is loose 95% of the time
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
YES! When I was little, before I got perms, I had small braids in my hair done by my stepmom. When I came home from the weekend I wanted to help my mom take them out; I was struggling because they were so little so I took the kitchen scissors and cut them out the left side of the back of my head lets just say when my mom saw she was not to happy. Her solution was putting my hair in low side ponytails until it grew back
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisture! Keeping your hair moisturized and styled with a weekly routine is my biggest tip.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.