1. What's your name and where are you from?
Kassandeira aka Kaasi from Virginia Beach, Vancouver, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
Mixture of 3c, 4a, 4b & 4c
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
First BC was April/2011 & I was curious to see what my curls looked like.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing I ever experienced while natural would have been this past year. I experienced a lot of shed hair & too many hours detangling. So I BC'ed once again. My journey is not measured by the length of my hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Co-wash every 3 days. Apply oils to scalp after washing.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I let the steam from the shower revamp my curls. Fluff by bang & go! If it's a wash day I wash & then apply either a gel or smoothie to my hair while it's wet. Use my fingertips to coil my curls using the shingling method. Blow dry for 3 mins using my diffuser, apply a dry oil mist & that's it.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Wrap with scarf, that's it.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Often. Braid outs, protective styles & updos.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes. Major shedding & Single Strand Knots. I just cut my hair again.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Patience, care & moisture. Without those your hair will be a rushed, dry, mess!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Black Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.