1. What's your name and where are you from?
Hello! My name is Keianna Springer aka QueensandCurls and I am from Cincinnati, Ohio!!
2. What is your hair type?
4b, 4a (nape and crown)
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural back in 2009. I was 14 yrs old and my twin and I decided to to go natural at the same time. My older cousin was natural and we fell in love with her hair so we decided to go natural too!
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was accepting my hair texture. We I was transitioning I would other naturals who had looser curl pattern. But about a 1 ½ into my natural hair journey I finally accepted every coily, kinky and curl I had in my hair!
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I pre-poo, cowash or shampoo and deep condition once a week
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
My daily morning routine is very simple and easy. All I do is take my scarf off and go!
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
If I have a loose style I gather my hair into small pineapples and then I put a scarf on. And if my hair is in a protective-do I just put on my scarf before bed.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use direct heat on my hair about two times a year. I use indirect heat we needed.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I usually wear my hair in braids 4 times out of the week for my protective style.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
My biggest hair tragedy happen in fall of 2013. I was going away for college and
I kept my hair in braids for about 4 months! That was such a bad idea I had to cut of about 2 inches of hair because of all the breakage I received from neglecting my hair under my box braids. Once I cut off the bad unhealthy hair my hair flourished!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long natural hair is to MOISTURIZE!!!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Leave a Reply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.