1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Kelsey Janae and I am from Atlanta by way of the Bronx, New York
2. What is your hair type?
I don’t really like to hair type but if I had to guess, I would say 3c to 4a
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural in 2010 and I was inspired by Brittany “Bre” Scullark from ANTM. I was obsessed with her hair and how she wore her big beautiful curls so proudly, and I wanted to do the same.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
In the beginning the most challenging thing for me was finding the right products and coming up with a regimen that worked for me.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimen consists of deep conditioning once a week and co- washing every three days. I normally rock a wash n go.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I keep my hair regimen really simple. In the morning I take my hair out of a pineapple (high loose ponytail) and I refresh my curls using my hand held steamer.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
My nightly routine is simply putting my hair in a pineapple and I always sleep on a satin pillowcase
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use heat on my hair but not often.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I rarely braid my hair. I think in the past 5 years I've had braids twice.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Neither! I use my fingers.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I have had a hair tragedy… a couple lol. I've colored my hair 5 billion times and then got heat damage, so I ended up big chopping for the second time in 2014.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Deep conditioning! It is key for healthy hair.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. On this blog you can enjoy the natural hair journeys of dozens of curly queens.